Clear Aligners in San Juan Capistrano, CA
What are Clear Aligners?
Clear aligners are orthodontic treatment appliances that slowly move misaligned teeth into their proper alignment. Treatment consists of a series of clear removable trays made of thin plastic and custom-fitted to your teeth. The clear aligner trays are created using a 3D image or model of your mouth. The trays are changed out every few weeks to gradually move teeth with constant, gentle pressure.
Patients are responsible for wearing and changing out the aligners per their dentist’s treatment plan. Aligners should be worn at least 22 hours a day but can be removed for eating and oral hygiene.
What types of orthodontic problems can clear aligners fix?
Clear aligners, especially those from Aspire Dental San Juan Capistrano’s Reveal® collection, can resolve a host of misalignment issues, including mild, moderate, and severe cases. Here are some of the orthodontic conditions clear aligners are used to address:
- Open Bites – an open bite occurs when some of the teeth in one jaw do not meet the teeth on the other jaw. Open bites can contribute to TMJ pain and difficulties with speech.
- Crowded Teeth – If teeth are larger than the jaw, the teeth can overlap and twist, overcrowding the jaw. One or several teeth may need to be removed for a clear aligner can be used to straighten the remaining teeth.
- Crossbites – A crossbite occurs when the biting surface of one tooth hits against the inside of another tooth, potentially leading to premature tooth wear and bone loss.
- Underbites – Underbites are a result of bottom teeth overlapping top teeth.
- Gaps in teeth – Teeth with large spaces in between may be improperly spaced, leading to greater misalignment issues.
- Crooked teeth – Not only can crooked teeth shift other teeth out of alignment, but they may also cause excessive or irregular wear on adjacent teeth or to the biting surfaces of opposing teeth.
Am I a good candidate for Clear Aligners?
Most everyone is a good candidate for clear aligners, as long as you can wear the aligners for the requisite 20-22 hours a day, keep track of them, and keep them clean. Clear aligners can be an especially appealing option for older teens or adults who want a straighter smile but and a more discrete option to braces.
Learn if clear aligners like Reveal® are right for you by calling 949-755-8372 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Gregory Smith at Aspire Dental San Juan Capistrano.
San Juan Capistrano, CA Family and Cosmetic Dental Office. Call our friendly staff today.
|Monday||9:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Thursday||8:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am – 5:00 pm|