Missing Teeth? Try Dental Implants.
Bring back your confident smile with dental implants. They are a great solution if you are missing teeth, need a dental bridge replacement, or have ill-fitting dentures.
During the procedure, a titanium screw is placed into the jawbone. A crown is then attached to the screw. After the procedure, clean and treat them the way you would your natural teeth!
What are the Benefits of Dental Implants
- Look Natural
- Same care as your natural teeth
- Ability to eat any foods
- No slipping or clicking (unlike conventional dentures)
- Durable and last a lifetime
Compared to other teeth replacement treatments, dental implants are the superior option.
|Tooth Replacement Treatments||Implant||Bridge||Dentures
(Full or Partial)
|Longevity||Lifetime||7-10 Years||5-7 Years|
|Preservation of healthy adjacent teeth||Yes||No||No|
|Prevent bone loss & preserve facial appearance||Yes||No||No|
|Need regular adjustments||No||Yes||Yes|
|Accelerated loss of adjacent teeth||No||Yes||Yes|
What are the Different Types of Dental Implants?
Single implants – This type of implant is used on patients who are missing one tooth or multiple teeth that are not adjacent to each other.
Implant bridges – If you are missing multiple teeth in a row, ask about implant bridges. Two or more implants are inserted into your jaw and a bridge – a dental device that contains a few fake teeth – will be attached to the implants.
All-on-X implants – This type of implant replaces an entire arch of teeth. The All-on-X system anchors the dental implants into your jaw with only four implants. This is a good option for patients that suffer from jawbone loss and are unable to receive traditional implants.
Dental Implants at Aspire
Dr. Smith and his dental team are passionate about restoring smiles and are highly experienced with dental implant procedures. You’ll receive an implant plan that is customized to your needs. Schedule a free consultation today with the San Juan Capistrano Aspire Dental & Implants team to learn more.
Dental Implant FAQs
Can I get dental implants?
Patients that receive dental implants must be in relatively good health. During the consultation, our team will ask if you suffer from ailments such as diabetes, gum disease, tooth decay, or certain autoimmune diseases. This will help them determine if you can proceed with the procedure.
Please note, smokers must quit before the procedure since tobacco and nicotine can increase the risk of infection and impede the recovery process.
Learn if you can safely receive a dental implant by scheduling a free consultation with our Aspire Dental & Implants team in San Juan Capistrano, California.
How much do dental implants cost?
The cost will differ for each patient and depends on their oral health, the number of implants they need, and other factors.
- Oral health – Your mouth must be healthy before receiving a dental implant. If it is not, preparatory procedures such as root canals, teeth removal, and tissue or bone grafts may need to be performed
- Number of implants – This varies from patient to patient. Those with weaker jaws may require more implants. Our team will let you know how many implants you should receive.
When compared to traditional bridges and dentures, dental implants are a better investment since they last a lifetime and no adjustments are needed.
Learn more about the cost of dental implants by scheduling a free consultation with our Aspire Dental & Implants team in San Juan Capistrano. We also have dental discounts and flexible payment plans to make everything more affordable.
Do we accept insurance?
We accept a variety of PPO insurances. Click on the link to see which insurances are accepted.
Is financing available for my dental implant procedure?
Yes, we have flexible-low-interest financing options available. Call our office at 949-538-4250 to learn what will work for you.
What to expect during a dental implant procedure?
- First evaluation – Before the procedure, your jawbone structure needs to be analyzed. The doctor will take x-rays of your mouth to study the jaw structure, how strong it is, and where the rest of your teeth are positioned. You will also need to share your health records so our team can determine if it is safe for you to receive a dental implant. This evaluation will also determine if you need other preparatory procedures such as a sinus lift or bone graft.
- Placement of Implant – Before undergoing surgery, you will be put under local anesthesia either with a sedative or general IV anesthesia. The doctor will make small incisions on your gums. Small titanium screws are inserted into those incisions and then your gums are stitched closed around the screws. Your gums will take around 3-6 months to heal. During the healing process, osseointegration (the fusing of the jaw bone with the implant) takes place. After healing, your incisions will be reopened and a metal piece called an abutment would be inserted. Then, the gums will be stitched up with the abutment exposed. A temporary crown will be attached to the abutment while the gums heal.
- Placement of crown or denture – The last step is the placement of the crown (for single implants), bridge (for multiple missing teeth), or dentures. You can now show off your smile.
After the procedure, how do I care for my dental implants?
Aftercare for dental implants is critical and helps avoid unnecessary complications after the dental implant procedure.
Make sure to do the following:
- Rinse your mouth regularly. You can use salt water or an antiseptic solution.
- Use over-the-counter anti-inflammatories and pain medicine
- Avoid crunchy and chewy foods
Once your gums have healed, you can treat your dental implants like your natural teeth. Clean and care for them in the same way. Remember to brush and floss daily to reduce the risk of gum disease. Be sure to schedule routine appointments with Aspire Dental & Implants so that our team can make sure the gum and bone tissues around the dental implants are in good shape.
San Juan Capistrano, CA Family and Cosmetic Dental Office. Call our friendly staff today.
|Monday||9:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Thursday||8:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am – 5:00 pm|